Find fun DIY projects for boats, helpful hacks and how to's and a learn about my experience as I prepare to sail away from convention and into the world of living aboard!

Tuesday, March 10, 2015

About Me

My name is Lauren Nash. I am a 21-year-old college student studying at The Kings College in the wonderful city of New York. I currently live in New Jersey and commute to the city.

This coming summer there are going to be some major changes in my life. Come August, I am marrying my boyfriend of four years, the ever-so-wonderful Samuel Holmes, and moving onto a sailboat in Jersey City. Yes, you heard me, MOVING ONTO A SAILBOAT!!! Yes, I am utterly aware of how crazy that sounds. But are you aware of how crazy cool that sounds too?!

I have always thought that I wanted to get married young so that I can have a bunch of adventures with my partner, and boy is Sam getting right on board with that (pun intended). Within only a few weeks of getting engaged, Sam randomly asked me “Hey, want to live on a boat?” I think my answer was somewhere along the lines of “HA HECK NO!”

But within two days, I was the one scouring the internet for sailboats every chance a got and texting Sam every time I found something interesting. My internet browser filled with bookmarks of possibilities in only a week. I’m hooked on this crazy idea and find myself reading other boat-dwellers blogs and articles constantly. While, I have grown up sailing, I honestly have little idea of what I am getting myself into. But I know this, it is going to be an adventure. 

Stay tuned into the blog and follow my journey as I discover my path to this adventure!

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to read about all your adventures, my beautiful niece!

    ReplyDelete