Find fun DIY projects for boats, helpful hacks and how to's and a learn about my experience as I prepare to sail away from convention and into the world of living aboard!

Tuesday, May 12, 2015

What You Have to Give Up to Live Abaoard

Stay realistic when you are deciding if you want to live aboard. There are a lot of sacrifices you have to make whether it be downsizing something you love, not being able to soak in a bath, not being able to host your family of 12 people, or for me it's not being able to bring my precious pup with me.

I have give away my dog Tillie for the next two years because a boat is too small for her. She needs exercise and hates being confined so I cannot leave her on a boat when I am at work and school.
It's going to be sad to not have my cuddly pooch at the foot of my bed, but luckily I have a family member who has offered to take her in while Sam and I are on the boat.

All this to say, do not go into live aboard life lightly. Think about what you can and cannot live without and make the decision with the knowledge of your gains and losses, because you will have both.

No comments:

Post a Comment