Find fun DIY projects for boats, helpful hacks and how to's and a learn about my experience as I prepare to sail away from convention and into the world of living aboard!

Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Found a Boat!!!!


Can I say one thing? FINALLY!!!!!! After months of looking, Sam and I have found our first home! It is so exciting and such a relief. 



We found a partially done project boat in Maryland this past week and have agreed on a price with the owner.

It is a 1972, Chris Craft Caribbean in excellent condition. Less than 100 hours on the engine!!! It has new ports (soon to be installed windows), new custom carpets, new black bamboo floor in the main salon (living room area), new custom sail cover, new sink for the head (bathroom), new electronic equipment, new stove, new custom cushion covers, a generator…and there is definitely more that I am not remembering right now!

We decided not to haggle or play hard ball on this one for two reasons: 1) because the boat was priced reasonable low considering its condition and features and 2) because the owner was so nice and offered us additional things that he had originally bought for the boat, if we met him at his price (i.e. generator, electronic equipment).


I’m sorry I don’t have a lot of good pictures, I have been informed by Sam that taking pictures is not my strong suit. Anyway, consider these the before pictures and check in throughout the next couple of weeks and months to see the progress. 
This is the layout



 This is a booth (table needs to be installed). Look at those bamboo floors and white B-board!!! 
I'm in love!
This is the v-birth cabin. To the right is the head (bathroom).
This is the aft (back) cabin. To the left is a head (soon to be made into a walk-in closet and pantry).
Instead of having the two small beds on each side, we might do a couch that folds into a queen bed. 

1 comment:

  1. Awesome! I can't wait to visit! PS. I love Jersey City!

    ReplyDelete