Find fun DIY projects for boats, helpful hacks and how to's and a learn about my experience as I prepare to sail away from convention and into the world of living aboard!

Friday, January 1, 2016

A Work In Progress

While the boat has been a challenge for my husband and me these past few months, I find myself missing it so much since we have had to move off for a little while.

Our shared dream has taken on a lot of names. We affectionately call it: 
  • The floating turd 
  • Pain in our butts
  • Our biggest adventure
  • (and sometimes) Our biggest mistake. 
But I guess the most accurate name for our adored home is our WORK IN PROGRESS.

Since buying it we have fixed the engine, broke the engine, painted, sawed holes in the walls, fiberglassed, fixed leaks, redone so many pipes and much more. Check out some of the adventures.


CABIN
Before
Behind the ugly wood panneling
Bondo and fiberglass after pulling out the rotting pieces
With a little paint it starts looking beautiful

After: move in ready with insert to make the two bunks into one big one





 Galley

before

Add some paint
built some shelves and traded the ice box for a mini fridge

Rubber mats so there wont be sliding when the waves are coming
Ready to make some delicious food!

No comments:

Post a Comment